This page is where current and former employees can access insurance and retirement information.
Script Care – Link to register for Script Care for prescriptions
1095 Information (FAQs)
EMPOWER– where members can register to view everything about their cerf 457 and 401(a) accounts due to Empower being the account manager of those plans.
Please plan to join us for an upcoming session to learn about the Roth contribution option that will be available for the CERF 457 Plan beginning in 2024.
During the session we will be providing information about the Roth option and will address the questions below:
- Is this a new plan?
- What is the difference between Pre-Tax and Roth contributions?
- Can I withdrawal Roth contributions tax-free in retirement?
- How much can I contribute?
- What do I have to do to take advantage of Roth contributions?
- Do Roth contributions qualify for the CERF match?
If you are interested in attending these webinars, reach out to the county clerk’s office for the link, access code, and password. Webinars are to be held on Wednesday, December 6, 2023, at 10:30 am and Tuesday, December 12, 2023, at 6:00 pm.
Open Enrollment is the ONLY OPPORTUNITY
for employees to change coverage enrollments.
NO new enrollments or cancellations are permitted until the next Open Enrollment date
Beginning December 1, 2021, Vernon County Employees will have Mutual Medical Insurance. The following links provide information regarding these new benefits.
If you have any further questions, please contact the County Clerk’s Office at 417-448-2500.
Vernon County Employees are offered a substantial range of benefits with full time employment
INSURANCE (Major Medical-Dental-Vision)
Vernon County maintains a partially self insured group health policy, currently through Mutual Medical for full-time employees. Vernon County maintains a dental group policy through kansas city life. Vernon County maintains a vision group policy through vision care direct.
New employees are eligible for insurance the first of the month following 60 days full-time employment.
The county currently offers up to $535.00 monthly allowance toward employee coverage(s) to those who enroll.
The county currently provides to all full-time employees a $15K Term Life policy with kansas city life during employment with the county
Open enrollment is September-October every year.
Plan year begins December 1 each year.
Mutual Medical is the claims adjuster of 2 optional medical coverage plans with Kansas City Life the provider of the optional dental plan, and vision care direct the provider of the optional vision plan
- Mutual Medical – where members can register for an account and view all of their Mutual Medical plans, deductibles, etc.
- Kansas City Life-Dental – where members can register for an account and view all of their Kansas City Life-Dental plans, deductibles, ID cards, etc.
- Vision Care Direct – is the provider of the optional vision care plan where members can register for an account and view all of their vision care plans, deductibles, etc.
- UMB-HSA – Health savings account where members can register to manage their hsa account for those who elected the high deductible health plan
Open enrollment is every year in April, May and June. Plan year begins July 1st
Vernon County has several vendor options for employees.
- Liberty National Life-globe life
- American Fidelity
- Kansas City Life- Open enrollment is Sept-Oct for Voluntary Supplemental Life coinciding with major medical
Look for upcoming announcements if you would like to meet with a representative.
Contact the County Clerk’s office if you have any questions.
CERF [County Employee Retirement Fund]
CERF is a mandatory 4% payroll (pre-tax) deduction for any Vernon County full-time employee starting after February 25, 2002 per 50.1020.6 RSMO. An employee is vested after 8 years of service. Additional optional deductions are available, please see listing below:
LAGERS [Missouri Local Government Employee Retirement System]
Vernon County is a LAGERS member. This benefit is paid for by the county. Each full-time employee is enrolled at time of hire. An employee is vested after 5 years of service.