Juvenile Crimes

Crimes perpetrated by persons less than 17 years old are handled in the Juvenile Court. Criminal charges against juveniles are initiated by the Vernon County Juvenile Officer. The Juvenile officer may be contacted at 417-667-5015. The juvenile officer is responsible for initiating action to certify a juvenile as an adult. If that happens, charges may be brought by the prosecutor.